Health Care: Women’s Health
The following services are covered by Medicaid and any other health care plan:
- Physical exams and health history
- Birth control
- Pap smears
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and treatment if STIs are found during a visit
- HIV testing
- Folic acid supplements
- Mammograms every one to two years for women over 40
- Lab and diagnostic tests related to women’s health or family planning
- Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling
You may have heard of or know people who were covered under the Illinois Healthy Women program. This program was discontinued on January 1, 2015. The services it provided are required to be covered under Medicaid and any other health plan.
Moms and Babies
If you are already pregnant, you may be eligible for the Moms and Babies program. Pregnant women and mothers with a newborn baby are eligible regardless of immigration status. You can apply by visiting GetCoveredIllinois.gov or the ABE portal.
More Information and Resources
If you are an uninsured woman over 35, you may be eligible for free breast and cervical cancer screenings through the Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (IBCCP). For more information, call the Women’s Health-Line at 1-888-522-1282 (TTY 1-800-547-0466) or visit cancerscreening.illinois.gov.