The Shriver Center works to protect housing rights and expand housing opportunities for individuals and families with low income.
- We partner with tenants, tenant associations, and community organizations to preserve affordable housing and promote fair housing.
- We advocate for policies that eliminate barriers to housing for people with criminal records.
- We push local and federal policies that protect the safety of survivors of domestic or sexual violence who live in rental or subsidized housing.
- We support and advocate for low-income communities harmed by environmental contamination.
- We challenge structural racism that promotes and entrenches residential segregation and deprives communities of color of equal opportunity.
- We work to ensure immigrant populations seeking fair, affordable housing are protected and served.