The Shriver Center works to disrupt the school-to-prison pipeline and ensure justice-involved Americans have fair opportunities to build a new future and participate fully in society.
- We advocate for policies that reduce the collateral consequences of involvement with the criminal justice system.
- We oppose blanket bans on admission to subsidized housing and encourage public housing authorities to exercise appropriate discretion when crafting admission policies.
- We advocate for police officers stationed in schools to have mandatory training and accountability.
- We support policies to ensure that justice-involved individuals understand and exercise their right to vote.
- We work to preserve and expand crucial early investments in young children and infants in order to help them reach their full potential.